Love playing football? Well, here, we have come up with a few essential football rules for beginners. To tell you the truth, this is only a simple and basic outline of all the key fundamentals of football. However, if you wish to learn everything essential before you introduce yourself to football, this guide could be of massive help.
Toby, who is now a grown-up working with a top-assignment agency, TFTH, shares his childhood experience by saying that when he was in school, and he told his father about his sudden interest in football, he gave him a handout of all the rules of the football. We completely agree with Toby’s dad - to play a sport is one thing, but to play a sport well, you need to know the rules. So, let’s take a look are a few important rules.
Understand the objective
Firstly, you need to know the objective of the game before you start playing it. In a game of football, you aim to score more and more goals than the opponents.
Whenever you get into the field for a football match, you should wear appropriate soccer equipment. This is mandatory to ensure that you are safe and protected. Your gear should include stockings, jersey, shorts, shin guards, and shoes. Further, you should only play with a round ball that has a circumference of 68-70 centimeters. Amby recollects his school days and says that it's been six days since he joined TrumpLearning and left playing football, but he still has his jersey from the high school days.
Every football competition should comprise of two teams. In teach team, the players shouldn’t be more than 11, and both the teams must have one player who would be the goalkeeper. Raun, who’s a high school student, says that he’s in his school’s football team where he has a pivotal role of being the goalkeeper for the team, and he thoroughly enjoys it, but to be good in the field he has to miss a lot of classes and to compensate for that, he’s started taking accounting homework help by TAE.
Starting the game
Every soccer game starts with a toss of the coin, which is conducted by the referee in the presence of the team captains. If you win the toss, you get to pick the initial direction of play. The team that loses the toss will have to initiate the match via a kick-off. This is switched after half-time but before the second-half.
In a football game, the match comprises of two separate halves wherein every half lasts for 45 minutes. It is followed by a rest or a break interval that is never longer than 15 minutes. It is up to the discretion of the referee whether or not he wants additional playtime. This additional time is primarily compensation for the injuries or the stoppages that occurred because of player substitution during the two halves.
Resuming the game
The game is restarted with a kick-off after each goal. Before every kick-off, every member of the team should be in their half. Any 1 player will kick the stationary ball in the front from the center. So, the team that concedes a goal restart via a new kick-off. Martin, an assignment help professional who is currently working with a top homework writing agency, EssayWriter4U, recollects his college break hours where he would play match after match as a center-forward for his team.
Scoring the goals
It is said to be a goal when the football enters the goalmouth and moves past the line of a goal.
Every outfield player is allowed to use his head, feet, or chest to move around the ball. However, it is only the goalkeeper who can use his hands. However, a goalkeeper should be in his specific area when he is handling the ball.
- The primary purpose of the offside rule is that there should be opponents before the attacking player who will receive the goal and the ball.
- Opponents, here, comprise of the goalkeeper and at least one supporting player.
- The play could go on with repeated long balls in the forward direction towards the goal area of the opponent without any offside rule.
- It is said to be an offside offense on the part of the attacking player if the ball or the 2nd-last opponent is anywhere near the goal.
- You might get a foul if you either use excessive force or if any outfield player handles the ball. Any misconduct or foul during the game might lead to disciplinary action. To administer disciplinary, the referee makes use of the caution card.
- If a referee shows a yellow card, it means that he’s trying to caution the player for the offense committed by him. If the offense is serious, the referee will show a red card. He might even show a red card if there are two yellow cards collected during the game. When that happens, the player will have to discontinue his involvement with the game.
- After misconduct or a foul, the referee will grant a free-kick, which is taken from the stationary position.