That was an up and down weekend for the ACC. We're left with two ACC teams making it to the sweet 16, both coming out of the same region. How would you like a NC State/UNC Elite 8 matchup?
NC State defeated Georgetown by 3 points, and sent Wolfpack Nation into a frenzy. Mark Gottfried has done a remarkable job with this Wolfpack team and its hard not to be excited about the success they are having. Check out the homecoming NC State received when they returned to campus.
The Tar Heels victory over Creighton was bittersweet as the news comes out that Kendall Marshall broke his right wrist during the game. Marshall's dad has told everyone that Marshall will be having surgery today to put a screw in his wrist and indicates he may be able to play Friday night against Ohio.
The good news is that UNC gets Ohio and not Michigan or another more highly ranked team. I don't want to sell short what Ohio has done to get to this point, but they simply are not as talented and that works in UNC's advantage. Stilman White should be able to play a servicable point guard if Marshall isn't able to go on Friday. UNC's hope should be to get Marshall ready for Sunday. If that means, give him a few minutes Friday night, if rest is better, then let him sit.
FSU didn't fare as well last night, as Cincinnati handed them a 6 point loss. Turnovers were the Seminoles weakness all year long, and it came back to bite them against the Bearcats.
Read more details on the games below in the links section. Also, the Miami Hurricanes are back in action tonight in the NIT against Minnesota on ESPN at 9.
- Marshall’s scaphoid fracture puts damper on UNC’s 87-73 win over Creighton
- Tudor: Wolfpack win, Marshall’s injury add to the March drama
- Tar Heels need Marshall to return
- Marshall’s injury fills Tar Heels with questions
- Cincinnati Muscles Past Florida State
- Hoyas are taken out by Wolfpack
- UNC future hinges on Marshall’s injury
- Heels deal with Marshall news
- N.C. State beats Hoyas 66-63, heads to Sweet 16
- Fowler: Marshall’s injury mars Tar Heels’ win, Henson’s return
- Wolfpack reach Sweet 16
- Upstart Wolfpack next up for KU
- Bearcats outlast ‘Noles, reach Sweet 16
- Wrist watch on after UNC win
- DeCock:Leslie’s big plays turned game for N.C. State
- Victory could be costly
- Cincinnati bests Florida State, 62-56
- Orthopedic Surgeon talks wrist injuries
- UNC 87 Creighton 73
|NC State 66 @ Georgetown 63||Box|
|Creighton 73 @ UNC 87||Box|
|Cincinnati 62 @ FSU 56||Box|
|9:00:00 PM||Minnesota @ Miami||ESPN||Preview|