Charlotte, NC – Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - The ACC Digital Network today announced several strategic partnerships to distribute video content greatly expanding its reach and allowing fans to follow their teams through a multitude of platforms. The new partners announced today, combined with the established content destinations of YouTube, theACC.com, and hundreds of local newspaper and media sites make the ACC Digital Network content available across more than 300 million devices.
For the first time, fans will be able to access the ACC Digital Network’s live and on-demand programming through connected TVs, Blu-ray players, mobile and tablet video services on major wireless carriers, and internet delivered programming packages.
New partners include:
• USATODAY Sports Digital Properties, part of the USA TODAY Sports Media Group, the fourth-largest digital sports destination in the country (according to January 2013 comScore metrics) with more than 23 million monthly unique users consuming national, local and enthusiast sports content. (www.usatoday.com/sports)
• Synacor; A white-label provider of next-gen startpages, TV Everywhere solutions, and Cloud Identity Management (IDM) services with over forty-five major cable, satellite, telecom, and consumer electronics customers including Verizon, Charter, CenturyLink, Dish Network, Toshiba and Lenovo. (www.synacor.com)
• Sony BRAVIA Televisions and Blu-ray™ players (www.sony.com)
• MobiTV; A global white label provider powering multiscreen video solutions to tier one carriers and operators (www.mobitv.com)
• Roku ®; A leading streaming platform for delivering video, music and casual games to the TV. For more information, visit www.roku.com
• Sky Angel Faith Everywhere; Features a robust line-up of faith-based linear channels and VOD options available through the computer or iPad ®(www.skyangelewebtv.com)
• Dailymotion; As one of the leading sites for sharing videos, Dailymotion attracts over 106 million unique monthly visitors (source: comScore, Inc., Video Metrix, March 2012) and 2.5 billion videos views worldwide, offering the best content from users, independent content creators and premium partners. (www.dailymotion.com)
• blinkx and its video search engine (www.blinkx.com)
Each of these services will deliver the ACC Digital Network’s daily news and highlights from all the league’s sponsored sports, including football, basketball, baseball, soccer and lacrosse.
“This is another giant step in the evolution of the ACC Digital Network,” said ACC Commissioner John Swofford. “These new partnerships continue to broaden our fans ability to follow the ACC and its member schools anytime, anyplace and anywhere.”
“College sports have some of the most dedicated fans you’ll ever meet, and they’re turning to the internet to get highlights, insight, and exclusive video from their favorite conferences and schools,” said Chris Pirrone, General Manager of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties. “We’re excited to add the ACC Digital Network’s video programming to our suite of sports content. The timing could not be better as it will provide our audience with unique coverage of ACC basketball and all the great action in March.”
ABOUT THE ATLANTIC COAST CONFERENCE
The Atlantic Coast Conference, now in its 60th year of competition, has long enjoyed the reputation as one of the strongest and most competitive intercollegiate conferences in the nation. Since the league’s inception in 1953, ACC schools have captured 127 national championships, including 67 in women’s competition and 60 in men’s. In addition, NCAA individual titles have gone to ACC student-athletes 146 times in men’s competition and 102 times in women’s action. For more information, visit theACC.com.
ABOUT THE ACC DIGITAL NETWORK
The ACC Digital Network (ACCDN) is a joint venture between Silver Chalice, a fast-growing digital sports and entertainment media firm, and Raycom Sports, a long-time television producer and partner of the Atlantic Coast Conference. The television-quality, cross-platform digital video network covers the spectrum of one of the nation’s top intercollegiate athletic conferences, featuring both live programming and original on-demand content throughout the entire year.
ABOUT SILVER CHALICE
Silver Chalice builds and operates a fast-growing portfolio of high-value digital media businesses in the fields of sports and entertainment. At the forefront of these digital media businesses are the launch and development of The ACC Digital Network (ACCDN), Campus Insiders (CI) and Total College Sports (TCS). Silver Chalice’s clients and partners range from professional sports leagues and intercollegiate athletic conferences to entertainment powers and major media companies.