Normally the SCACCHoops.com Basketball Game Sim isn't made available to the public until January 1st. This season, I'm going to launch things a few weeks early. There are several reasons for doing so, but the main reason is I've been able to gather data more efficiently this year. I've been monitoring its predictions for the past couple weeks and the results have been pretty good.
Running a simulation is really easy. On the Basketball menu at the top of the site you'll see the link for the Game Simulator. Make sure to bookmark it for usage later! There's a link to it in the content rotater on the homepage as well. Also, for your convenience every game on the NCAA Scoreboard has a link to simulate that game.
If you're new to the Game Sim, a couple important points...
- One sim doesn't give you a prediction. One sim tells you what could happen if the stars align.
- The more sims you run the more accurate the average score is to giving a good prediction.
- Data in = Data out. Just as more sims gives a better prediction, the farther into the season we get the better Game Sim will get at making predictions.
- There are still teams that I've not been able to gather enough data for yet. If you run into one of these, use the Contact Us link at the top of the site to let me know and I'll do my best to get the data in the system.
- While Game Sim is a solid predictor of scores, I don't gamble with my own money on any games b/c of game sim and I don't recommend you do it either.
Spread the word to your friends and on twitter make sure to use the hashtag #GameSimKnowsAll.