First, an addition to the right side of the almost daily Morning Linkfest has been completed so injuries can be tracked a little better. I'll be maintaining this one pretty much manually, so if you see something that needs to be added, updated, or removed let me know.
On Sunday, the ACC won the two more difficult games it played and lost the one that should have been a blowout. Clemson, still without Milton Jennings, defeated in-state rival South Carolina 64-55 and Maryland took care of George Mason 69-62 in the BB&T Classic. The ACC's black eye of the weekend came courtesy Mercer beating FSU 61-56. Mercer was ranked #112 in the Pomeroy rankings, prior to the the win over the Seminoles. The bad news for FSU is that it won't get any easier as they will take on #2 (Pomeroy) Florida on Wednesday.
No games tonight, enjoy the highlights.
Clemson/South Carolina Highlights
|Milton Jennings (CL)|
|Violation of team rules (drug charges)|
|Marshall Plumlee (DU)|
|stress fracture in foot|
|Seth Curry (DU)|
|stress reachtion in shin|
|Mfon Udofia (GT)|
- Mercer bounces inconsistent Seminoles
- Stumbling Florida State falls at home to Mercer
- Mercer beats FSU for the first time since 1954
- Doeren embraces expectations at N.C. State
- Dez Wells scores 25 points, leads Maryland to 69-62 win over George Mason
- Dez Wells leads Maryland past George Mason, 69-62
- Clemson basketball team puts end to South Carolina streak, 64-55
- Morris: Clemson, not USC, playing great defense
- Reaction to the ACC Bowl Matchups
|Clemson 64 @ South Carolina 55||Box|
|Mercer 61 @ FSU 56||Box|
|George Mason 62 @ Maryland 69||Box|
|No Games on the Schedule|