Three good basketball games around the ACC last night. Duke's win over UNC was the featured game of the night, but Miami and Boston College both picked up solid wins as well.
UNC missed a chance for a big win last night. The Blue Devils came out of the game not shooting well and the Heels had Cook, Curry, and Mason Plumlee in foul trouble in the first half. Yet at halftime, UNC led by just four points. UNC's smaller, quicker lineup was able to defend the Blue Devils effectively and the Duke defenders were unable to stay in front of their man without handchecking leading to the foul trouble. The problem for UNC is that you can only keep a talented team down for so long and Duke finally found their range from deep. Further Mason Plumlee started to establish himself in the post late leading to a few easy baskets.
Miami and Boston College picked up wins on Tuesday night as well. BC's win was in large part due to a collapse by Wake Forest, but what else would you expect from two of the league's worst teams. Miami picked up a solid win at FSU in a rivalry game that the Seminoles started out strong. Shane Larkin took over in the second half and helped Miami take control of the game. Larkin is making a stronger case each game for the league's player of the year. Check out the highlights, links, and more below.
Tonight, Georgia Tech hosts Clemson at 7 PM on the Raycom Sports Network. Here is a preview of tonight's game.
Game Sim Predictions
Clemson at Georgia Tech - Clemson wins 60-56 Sim the game here
Boston College/Wake Forest Highlights
|Ryan Kelly (DU)|
|reinjured right foot|
|Terrance Shannon (FS)|
|Jason Morris (GT)|
|plantar fasciitis - Feb return|
|John Auslander (MD)|
|left tibia fracture - out for season|
|Joel James (NC)|
- Miami stays undefeated in ACC with 74-68 win at FSU
- Miami Hurricanes men fend off Florida State Seminoles
- Storin: Miami opening my eyes to college basketball before March
- ACC Basketball: BC rallies past Wake
- Shane Larkin helps Miami beat Florida State 74-68
- Florida State vs Miami Now a Strong Rivarly
- End of the Maryland-Duke rivalry is fast approaching
- Plumlee, No. 2 Duke beat UNC 73-68
- Plumlee leads No. 2 Duke past UNC, 73-68
- Duke awakens in 2nd half to mow down Tar Heels
- Coach K gets a birthday win over UNC – post game comments
- Will's World: Virginia's Recent Performance Makes The ACC Even More Bizarre
- Duke 73 UNC 68
- Duke Spurts Past Tar Heels In Clash of Rivals
|Wake Forest 63 @ Boston College 66||Box|
|Miami 74 @ FSU 68||Box|
|UNC 68 @ Duke 73||Box|
|7:00:00 PM||Clemson @ Georgia Tech||RSN||Preview|