The ACC managed a split in the ACC/B1G Challenge after going 4-2 on Wednesday night. Virginia, Miami, Boston College, and Duke all managed impressive wins. Georgia Tech led Illinois most of the game before falling apart late after Mfon Udofia suffered an ankle injury. Clemson struggled early against Purdue. The Tigers learned before the game that they would be playing without Milton Jennings who is suspended indefinitely after being arrested on drug charges.
The marquee game of the night was Duke's 73-68 win over Ohio State. The Blue Devils went into half down 8 points after Ohio State nearly doubled up Duke in field goal attempts due to their dominance on the offensive glass. In the second half, Duke's guards woke up and Duke managed to even up the rebounding totals enough to give themselves a chance. Check out the full recap of the game here.
Miami showed the potential that had me glowing about the Hurricanes coming into the season. The Canes defeated Michigan State 67-59. The good news for Jim Larranaga is that he now has video he can show his team to show them the effort level expected. The question is whether or not Larranaga can consistently get that level of play out of this team.
Virginia also picked up a big win at Wisconsin thanks in large part to Joe Harris. Harris finished with 22 points, 5 assists, and 5 rebounds and made all of the big plays for the Cavaliers. Jontel Evans was also back on the floor for UVA, but Teven Jones continues to impress Virginia fans with his energy in defense.
Boston College defeated Penn State 73-61 behind 22 points from Olivier Hanlan. The Eagles were coming off a really bad loss to Bryant, but were impressive from behind the 3 point arc making 8-18.
Miami/Michigan State Highlights
Georgia Tech/Illinois Highlights
Boston College/Penn State Highlights
Duke/Ohio State Highlights
- Duke earns comeback win over OSU after double digit deficit
- Virginia: Little shuffle, big shuffle
- Duke valiant in come back victory over Ohio State, 73-68
- Right now, Cardinals for Terps is all-positive for ACC
- Will Tar Heels learnfrom Indiana beating?
- ACC adds Louisville; UC still trying
- Badgers fall in Big Ten/ACC Challenge
- UConn scrambling again, left out of ACC plans
- Swofford: Tech committed to ACC
- Michigan State can’t handle Miami’s quickness in loss
- Georgia Tech fades down the stretch again
- Illinois wrecks Georgia Tech 75-62
- SULAIMON SHINES FOR DUKE
- Duke rallies to beat Ohio State, 73-68
- No. 4 Ohio State fades against No. 2 Duke, 73-68
- Duke digs deep, drops Ohio State
- Quinn Cook Delivers In Crunch Time For Duke Blue Devils
- Duke basketball beats Ohio State 73-68
- Ohio State men’s basketball: Duke too strong down the stretch
- Legacy on the line
|Virginia 60 @ Wisconsin 54||Box|
|Purdue 73 @ Clemson 61||Box|
|Michigan State 59 @ Miami 67||Box|
|Georgia Tech 62 @ Illinois 75||Box|
|Boston College 73 @ Penn State 61||Box|
|Ohio State 68 @ Duke 73||Box|