The NFL Draft began on Thursday evening in Chicago and the ACC was well represented. Jameis Winston was the first player selected, as the FSU QB was taken by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. While Winston's selection wasn't exactly a surprise, the ACC saw a total of nine players selected in the first round.
Clemson's Vic Beasley (8) and Miami's Ereck Flowers (9) were also taken among the Top 10 picks while Jameis Winston saw his teammate Cameron Erving also taken in the first round with the 19th overall selection.
ACC First Round Selections
1. Tampa Bay - Jameis Winston, QB FSU
8. Atlanta - Vic Beasley, OLB Clemson
9. New York Giants - Ereck Flowers, OG Miami
14. Miami - Devante Parker, WR Louisville
16. Houston - Kevin Johnson, CB Wake Forest
19. Cleveland - Cameron Erving, C FSU
28. Detroit - Laken Tomlinson, OG Duke
29. Indianapolis - Phillip Dorsett, WR Miami
31. New Orleans - Stephone Anthony, ILB Clemson
The ACC had five players selected in the first round and 42 players selected in the 2014 NFL Draft. In the 2013 NFL Draft, the ACC saw six players taken in the first round, while in 2012 the league had just 3 players selected in the first round.
And in case you were wondering ...
This post was sponsored by the great people at SteinerSports.com