Two of the ACC's contenders are playing teams that are in need of impact wins tonight. Virginia hosts Clemson and the Tigers will be playing without forward Milton Jennings who was suspended indefinitely for academic reasons. UNC travels west to Winston-Salem to play Wake Forest in another test of Roy Williams ability to motivate.
Jennings absence will make stopping Mike Scott even more difficult for Clemson, but the matchup I'm curious to watch is whether or not Virginia can slow down Andre Young. Young is the core of the Clemson offense and most likely he will be guarded by Virginia's Jontel Evans. If Young gets his shot going, Clemson can beat anyone.
UNC's focus will be on two players, CJ Harris and Travis McKie. For Wake Forest, you can't focus on one player in particular, but simply on challenging every single shot. Georgia Tech really played off Kendall Marshall in transition and Marshall picked the Yellow Jackets apart. If I'm Jeff Bzdelik, I'm taking a different approach and keeping a hand in Marshall's face at all times, see if you can limit his vision.
- Bullock’s highlight video defense leads Tar Heels
- Fouls trouble for Pack’s Howell
- Strelow: UNC freshman James Michael McAdoo emerges as Heels shuffle lineup
- Cavaliers to refocus on rebounding
- U-Md. recruit rises from ‘the bottom’
- The Post’s Prisbell discusses Cleare
- Tracking the Terps: Does Terrell Stoglin play ‘for both teams?’
- Clemson’s Jennings suspended
- Some Maryland alums, boosters side with Lefty on court naming
- Jennings suspended from Clemson basketball team
- ACC basketball report: Terps’ Len experiences growing pains
- Notebook: Big Men Learn To Battle Through Size Disadvantage Vs. Miami
|7:00:00 PM||Clemson @ Virginia||ESPN2||Preview|
|9:00:00 PM||UNC @ Wake Forest||ESPNU||Preview|